- The Bible is God’s unique revelation
to people. It is the inspired, infallible Word of God, and the supreme and
final authority on all matters upon which it teaches. No other writings possess
such divine authority.
- There is only one God, creator
of heaven and earth, who exists eternally as three persons—Father, Son and
Holy Spirit, each fully God, yet each personally distinct from the other.
- All people are created in
God’s image and matter deeply to Him. Central to the message of the Bible
is that God loves people, and invites them to live in communion with Him
and in community with each other.
- Apart from Jesus Christ, all
people are spiritually lost and, because of sin, deserve the judgment of
God. However, God gives salvation and eternal life to anyone who trusts in
Jesus Christ and in His sacrifice on his or her behalf. Salvation cannot
be earned through personal goodness or human effort. It is a gift that
must be received by humble repentance and faith in Christ and His finished
work on the cross.
- Jesus Christ, second Person of
the Trinity, was born of the Virgin Mary, lived a sinless human life,
willingly took upon Himself all of our sins, died and rose again bodily,
and is at the right hand of the Father as our advocate and mediator. He
will return one day to consummate history and to fulfill the eternal plan
- The Holy Spirit, third Person
of the Trinity, convicts the world of sin, draws people to Christ and indwells
all believers. He is available to empower them to lead Christ-like lives,
and gives them spiritual gifts with which to serve the church and reach
out to a lost and needy world.
- Death seals the eternal
destiny of each person. At the final judgment, unbelievers will be
separated from God into condemnation. Believers will be received into
God’s loving presence and rewarded for their faithfulness to Him in this
- The local church is a congregation of believers who gather for worship, prayer, instruction, encouragement, mutual accountability and community with each other. Through it, believers invest time, energy and resources to fulfill the Great Commission—making disciples by reaching lost people and growing them into fully devoted followers of Christ.
Adapted from the Willow Creek Global Leaders Network.